Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Right In Your Own Front Yard

I'm not much of a landscape photographer. It's not that I don't admire a seeing a creative rendition of the open range, or even my own front yard. My problem is that I rarely have the patience to stop and think about a composition. That's probably why I've never tried a large format camera, the ideal tool for this genre. But there are times, and usually when we see extremes in the weather, that a little voice that begins as a whisper, eventually evolves into a rather loud roar in your head, and won't leave you alone until you at least give it a try. That's when I find the scene (and that loud roar) irisistable, and a picture must be made.

These were taken in my front yard, within just a few steps from my front door.
































No comments:

Post a Comment